A cottage style custom waterfront home
One of the exciting things they had to share was about their recent final visit with the homeowners who had just moved into their McSpadden Custom Home. “We stood around the kitchen island overlooking the lake and the homeowners happily gushed about how they had already told their friends not just about their beautiful new custom home but about what a wonderful experience they had working with McSpadden! They said their friends were in disbelief (that building a custom home could be a positive experience!)
but the homeowners assured us they were adamant that it had been one of their best experiences ever!” Doug went on to explain that this is what happens every time with every client. The McSpadden process makes for such a true partnership with every step predictable and everyone on the same side of the table – the outcome can only be success!
After the meeting I met with Mike to hear where he is right now. Mike’s project is a cottage style custom waterfront home. The exterior has brick halfway up with the remainder pre-colored hardiplank. Here is a photo of the beginning brickwork. (photo brickwork.jpg)
The Plumbers are roughing in the four and a half bathrooms plus the custom kitchen with a sink in the island – with an awesome view of the lake! The Mechanical crew is roughing in the heating and air – this house has custom baseboard floor registers that the owners requested (very unusual and a little old school). The electrical crew is working on the wiring for lights (including can lights and a chandelier), switches, and fans – for the entire house. The 3-sided direct vent fireplace was installed this week, the staircase was installed and the windows are all going in. (photo fireplace.jpg)
In two weeks I will be visiting this site with Mike to catch up on where we are and take more pictures!
More Blog . . .
- A day in the life of a custom home builder
- The McSpadden Approach
- A Home Builder and Trade Relationships
- There are no deals in new construction
- A cottage style custom waterfront home
- Breaking ground on a new project
- There was a constant hum of machinery
- The Client Meetings
- “the walls are in” and “the windows are in”
- Yes, Tile floors are being finished this week
- Something about Doug . . .
- Changes and Schedules
- A beautiful custom home.
- Expectations and scheduling.
- Rain and A custom home.
- Green home building
- Relationships are important, especially in home building
- a modern Arts and Crafts style
- “Gold Nuggets” of information
- Finishing on time?
- From the Jobsite: Oaks
- From The Jobsite: Waterfront 6020
- From the Jobsite: A Cramerton Escape
- From the Jobsite: A Perfect View
- From The Jobsite: Lakefront Living
Published Stories . . .
- Gaston Gazzette September 2012
- Charlotte Urban Home July 2010
- Lake Wylie Living Fall 2007
- Charlotte Place Summer 2007
- Today’s Charlotte Woman/July 2007
- House Trend Magazine – May 2007
- SouthPark Magazine – May 2007
- NC Boating Lifestyle September 2006
- Charlotte Business Journal September 2006
- Lake Wylie Living Spring 2006
- NC Boating Lifestyle April 2004
- Charlotte Place May - October 2003